Date Night: Dinner & Jazz Concert

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hey everyone! You're in for a special treat.  I rarely double blog in the same day, but since my earlier blog was such a downer, I decided I want to tell everyone about the amazing date my boyfriend took me on today.

I know my day got off to a rough start...but I don't ever kid with people on this -- yelling and shouting don't work with me.  I don't expect everyone in the world to agree with me all of the time (even though I'm always right), and anyone is free to disagree with me...but don't disagree with me 8 octaves above normal speaking voice.  I don't handle or cope with that type of interaction well at all...and I'm sure my face says it all because my face is transparent to emotion.  Sometimes I wish I could hide what I'm really feeling...but I'm beyond that now.


I got my hair done!  Chanel always does a lovely job.  I even got highlights even though you can barely see them in this pic.  I'm also wearing the new maxi dress I bought from Asos.  I'll have to take more pics so you all can see how cute it is!


I've barely seen Malik all week, so I really wanted us to get some quality time in.  I let him pick a new restaurant that we've both never been to, to have dinner at tonight.  He picked Ardeo & Bardeo, which is  rated as one Washington's Top 100 restaurants.


It was very beautiful inside with an art deco modern style, and an intimate environment.


I ordered Lamb Ravioli with split peas, mushrooms, served over fried yogurt.  Sounds a bit 'out there' but it was so deeeelicious!  Every last bite was rich in flavor!


Malik ordered Scottish Salmon with english pea salad, pickled ramps, over a carrot puree.  It's very seldom that I see him completely satisfied with his food, but he couldn't stop talking about how good it was!  I had to steal a bite to see and it was very good!


I thought dinner was a special treat, but the real treat was the Eldar Jazz Concert my cutie pie took me to afterwards!


Eldar performed with his band...they are all unmarried by the way ladies...I checked the ring fingers ;D


They specialized in adapted versions of Jazz music as well as some original American Jazz inspired pieces.


Eldar and his band's talent is amazing!  My baby got us front row tables, so it was truly an excellent musical experience.

Over all this was a great date night with my honey bun :)  I truly do cherish the time we spend together.

Until next time...
♥ My Kuroi








1 comments:

captainari said...

Okay the lead is soooo Handsome!! Is he tall? He reminds me of Shia lebouf or however you spell his name! Hook it up! Shia is the only white guy I'd seriously go for and this guy looks a lot like him, so he'll have to do!