Girl's Nite Out: Dark Side of Chocolate Film Screening

Friday, February 4, 2011

I had an amazing time at Busboys last night.  I went with my bestie Arinah...but because she decided to wait till the last minute to primp, we missed seeing Suheir Hammad perform.  :P We enjoyed a delicious and rich dinner then Suheir Hammad was kind and humble enough to take pictures and speak with us.  So I was very happy about that!


That's me standing next to Suheir Hammad (the one with the hat), her friend in the green, and a fellow poet.  Suheir looked fabulous last night!


And here is my lovely and sophisticated friend Arinah posing with our star poetry ladies!  If she took off her coat for the picture she really would've upstaged our celebs ^___^!


This is me wearing my new floral dress from Forever 21, sitting pretty while waiting for dinner to be served! 


 This is my dinner!  I ordered Shrimp and Chicken Chorizo Pasta served in a tomato basil cream sauce.  It was absolutely delicious and well worth the $15.  I had a glass of fresh pomegranate juice with it.


This is Arinah's meal, she ordered Pan-seared Basil Tofu served with roasted red pepper risotto.  I'm not a fan of tofu, but I took a bite of hers and it was mouth wateringly yummy!  Her meal was only $13 and she had green tea as well.


After dinner at Busboys and mingling with Suheir, we made a pitstop at the hospital to say hello to my niece who is in the pediatric ward.  Here's Arinah posing for some camera play in the empty corridor of the hospital!  I love her hair!





And here I am showing off like the camera whore that I am!

There is another upcoming event at Busboys in Shirlington, VA on Tuesday February 8, 2011 at 7:00pm.  They will be hosting the flim screening of The Dark Side of Chocolate by Miki Mistrati.  This is definitely a must see film that unveils the dark and twisted reality of how most of our chocolate is made with the use of illegal child labor.  You can view the trailer at http://www.thedarksideofchocolate.org/



So bring your girlfriends and even your guy friends out to this event.  We need to raise awareness about how candy manufacturers are profiting off of child trafficking and how these children are being abused and neglected so that we can enjoy a bite of chocolate.  I'll see you there!

Until next time...
♥ My Kuroi

0 comments: