I Love New York! & Maya Angelou

Friday, February 18, 2011

Yesterday I went on my second date with the new guy that I am talking to.  We took the Greyhound bus up to New York together to meet Maya Angelou at her book signing.  This was my first time going to New York so I was bubbling with excitement, yet a little nervous at the same time.  It's probably not the wisest thing to go traveling out of state with a guy I just met, but he has a genuineness in his eyes and a kind heart.   These are some of the photos that I took...



I snuck this picture of him on the Greyhound bus.  Soooo cuuute! ^______^


On the bus I took some artsy shots of the architecture pictures of the scenery in New York.


After our bus arrived, we caught a cab to go to the Barnes & Noble that Maya Angelou would be appearing at.  We got all cuddled up!


As soon as we walked into Barnes & Nobel, we ran into this sign!  We were so disappointed.  Turned out Maya was having some health issues and was unable to come to her book signing.


We didn't let the bad news ruin our trip though! We checked out some different places in NY.  This is Max Brewwer Chocolatier.  It's a Chocolate restaurant!




The chocolates in Max Brewwer's were soooo cute! ^______^


I didn't know they still made cameras like that!  This is the second time he's used one of those rinky dink cameras on one our dates ^.^;;  But it turns out it takes good pics!


It's Fashion Week in NY! ♥


Then we found a Korean Karaoke restaurant called Boho!  They just opened this week and the hostess gave us a great deal on a karaoke room, $8/hour!




We sung...we rapped...we ate bulgolgi...and had an amazing time!  This was my favorite part of the whole trip.  


After dinner we took a walk down Union Square.  It looks like Tokyo here! Sooo pretty!


We saw the theatre that's showing Mary Poppins on Broadway and took some silly pictures!


He was really interested in the hand drawn portraits some of the artists on the street were doing.  This guy is trying to hustle us into getting a picture done!  Tempting...but we had to head back to the bus station and make our long journey back home.

I had an amazing time and am completely exhausted from the trip.  I didn't get to see the legendary Maya Angelou, but I got to spend time with and get to know an amazing guy.

Until next time....

♥ My Kuroi








0 comments: