Pre-Valentine's Day Romance

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!  It's sort of a bitter sweet day for me.  Turns out my honey bun is all bun and no honey! LOL!  He made all of these really nice plans for Valentine's Day weekend a month in advance...but somehow he forgot that he had to work this weekend.  I'm a very patient woman, but I don't like promises and plans made that cannot be delivered upon.  On Saturday I reposted my dating profile just to kind of see who else is out there because I am single after all.  Not even two hours later a real cutie pie sends me a message inviting me out to see the Broadway play "FELA" the next day.  I was a bit skeptical because his profile kind of made him sound like he was really picky about women, and I like to have an ongoing dialogue with people for a while before meeting them in person.  Something inside me said, why not?  I bought this really expensive Free People dress to wear somewhere nice for Valentine's Day weekend and I already got the shoes and accessories to match.  So here is how my first date went...


So I meet up with the new guy at the Shakespeare Theatre Company on F St. NW in Washington, DC.  This is my first time here, so I was really looking forward to the play!


FELA is about to start!  This play was written by Will and Jada Pinkett Smith.  It's a play about the true story of a Nigerian musician named Fela Kuti who devoted his music to defy an oppressive military regime.


This is us posing after the play!  He's so very handsome! ^.^;;  I'm really glad that my niece did my hair. It turned out really beautiful.  This was an amazing first date.  I loved the play and we shared a lot of good laughs, but the date wasn't over just yet...





He took me out to a nice mediterranean restaurant called Zaytinya, which was nearby.  I ordered seared salmon, which was very delicious.  He ordered roasted cauliflower, which he claimed was yummy, but I was suspicious of haha!  I'm a very picky eater when it comes to vegetables.  I know you can't see my dress here, but the restaurant was chilly!


After dinner, we went to a small movie theatre and saw a South Korean film called "Housemaid".  It was pretty good, but had a bizarre ending.  This is my dress!  I can't wait to wear it again.  The plunge in the neckline makes me a bit shy, but I don't think that it looks trashy.


I wouldn't say I had a Valentine this year, but I am thankful that I at least got to get out and have a good time.  It's really nice being treated like a real lady.  My date seemed like a real gentleman and I think any girl he settles down with will be a very happy woman.  I'm not sure if he's interested in me or not, but I did get invited on a second date!  He wants me to go to New York with him this Thursday to meet Maya Angelou at her book signing for her latest cook book.  This is like a once in a lifetime opportunity and its crazy that he wants to spend it with me!

Until next time...
♥ My Kuroi



0 comments: