Date Night: Indian Play "Nati Binodini" ✿ ✿ ✿

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tonight I had the honor of accompanying my sweetheart to the Kennedy Center to see the Indian play called "Nati Binodini".  It was the theatrical biographical account of Nati Binodini's life, played by five actresses.  She was a poor girl sent to the theatre to find work.  The director of the theatre raised her up to become a famous actress in India, however there was a dark side o her success.  She was forced into prostitution in order persuade key contributors to the theatre to continue to fund it and ultimately build a new playhouse.





The performance was very beautifully put together!  The only thing I didn't like was that it was all in a foreign language and we had to read subtitles on tiny screens.  The subtitles were timed badly and very difficult to read.  My favorite line from the play is, "What can you expect?  A polluted woman can only produce pollution."  That line resonated with me.  Nati Binodini was a very sweet and kind hearted woman, but once she began prostituting herself, she became cold and bitter.  The costuming was also very amazing.  I loved the different saris that the actresses wore.

I think my date enjoyed himself...but I think he was enjoying the smell of my "Eat It Raw" perfume even more!  I wish I took pictures in my dress, it was very precious! ◕‿◕

Until next time...
♥ My Kuroi


0 comments: