Girls Night Out: Kite Festival & Museum ☁ ☁ ☁

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Guess what everyone?!  The Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, DC just got a kick start today!  The cherry blossoms are sooo beautiful!  ✿✿✿ One of the traditions of the Cherry Blossom Festival is a Kite Festival that takes place on the Mall by the Monument.  There were vendors out there selling all kinds of amazing and pretty kites.  There were even craftsmen teaching children how to make their own kites.  I took my lil nieces to have lunch on the Mall and fly kites as a part of the Kite Festival.









It was a nice sunny and windy day so we got some good kite flying action!


Haha the lil girl in blue, Danielle was being a party poop.  Poor thing got frustrated so much over her kite and didn't want help building a new one.  No worries, she cheered up later when we packed up and went to see the dinosaur bones at the Smithsonian's Natural History Museum!













We got to see dinosaur bones, fossils, models of prehistoric plants, prehistoric mammal bones, and a special thai orchid exhibit.  I loved the flowers!  Orchids are my favorite flowers next to tulips. ♥  I wish my honeybun could've made this trip.  The girls had so much fun, and each of them have some difficult things going on in their lives, so it was nice showing them a good time!

Until next time...
♥ My Kuroi

0 comments: