Date Night: Movie Premiere of "I AM" ☮ ☮ ☮

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Today was simply a horrible day from start to finish.  This morning I woke up late and got chewed out by a 7 year old because I took her to school late.  My heart dropped when she told me it makes her feel silly when she walks into class late.


Then if that wasn't bad enough...I got a phone call from my piano teacher's husband informing me that she died yesterday from a serious blood infection that caused organ failure.  That broke my heart because she was a long time close friend of mine.  She's known me since I was 6 years old and first learning how to play the piano.  God I miss you so much Karen Clayton!  I've been such an emotional mess, just trying to hold it all together.  It didn't help when I was talking to my honeybun on the phone that he went off on a tangent about how non-believers go to hell no matter how good of people they are when I mentioned Karen wasn't Christian.  I burst into tears...but I didn't take it personal.

╔══╗
║ ║ ♥
║ .╔╝
║║╚╗
╚╩═╝
╔══╗
╚╗╔╝
♥ ♥
╔╝╚╗
╚══╝
╔══╗
║ ║ ♥
║╔═╝
║║

╚╝
Then I thought I would find comfort at work because I love working with my teenage patient.  She always knows how to put a smile on my face...but her mom called me and had tense conversation with me.  I'm paid by the state to work in their private household as a nurse to her handicapable daughter.  The mom hooked me up with the job because I am practically family to them, and she felt as if I was ungrateful because I washed my patient's dishes, but I didn't clean up after the rest of her family.  My stance is that I'm not a maid and the state specifically pays me only to provide care to the patient and no one else in the household.  The mom really took the whole dishes thing seriously and wanted to fire me.  It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because she feels like I am indebted to her.  I am thankful that she helped me get hired to take care of her daughter, but this is a business relationship.  She needed a nurse, and I am very qualified to do the job, and I provide those services.  I don't think I should be expected to do more than my position requires of me, especially when I go above and beyond for my patient in so many ways on my own accord anyways.  We're all adults and there are bigger problems than a few dishes, so I'm surprised it even became that big of a deal.  Even though we resolved the conflict and made up, I feel like her attitude about me being indebted to her is gonna end up biting me in the ass later and putting me out of a job.  It's hard working with family sometimes.  I need to find something better soon...


So I just knew that when I saw my honeybun later on for our date to the movie premiere of "I Am" my day would get sooo much better.  I drove allll the way up to DC to meet him at the movie theatre, only to realize that I forgot my wallet at home and I couldn't pay for parking.  He couldn't really help me out because he was holding our spot in the line for the movie that was about to start and if he left then we both wouldn't be able to see it.  So I told him to enjoy it without me because I didn't want to spoil his night, and I went home.  I just broke down in tears on the car ride home.  Today has just been so overwhelmingly stressful.  On top of that, the doctor wouldn't see me today because I was a few minutes late, and I'm behind in my school work.


The movie looks like it was a good documentary on life and giving.  I'm really sad that I missed it!  Well I can only go to sleep and pray that tomorrow is a much better day...

Until next time...
♥ My Kuroi

0 comments: